Simple boiler checks before you report a fault:
- Is the boiler gas or electric?
- Have you checked if there are any supply problems in the area?
- Is there sufficient credit on your card if you have a prepayment card?
- Is there a fault reading flashing on the display? If so, do you have the manual for the boiler?
- Is the thermostat in the correct position?
- Are the radiator valves open correctly?
- Is the boiler coming on at all? If so, is there a banging noise?
- Is there a pressure reading? If so, what does it say?
Many of boiler manuals can be obtained online at the following websites:
Potterton – www.potterton.co.uk
Ideal – www.idealboilers.com
Worcester – www.worcester-bosch.co.uk
Valiant – www.vaillant.co.uk